Need to woo a partner in time for Valentine’s? Follow these simple, evidence-based instructions for boosting your irresistibility .
When asking a lady for a dance or for her number, your chances will be improved by lightly touching her on the arm. Try not to do it in a creepy way.
Use mimicry, bodily and verbal. Use mimicry, bodily and verbal (see what I did there?)
– When flirting with a man, use direct, no-nonsense chat up lines rather than the subtle or witty approach. Men are very easily confused you know.
– When wooing a woman, use chat-up lines that demonstrate your helpfulness, generosity, athleticism, ‘culture’ and wealth. Don’t bother with jokes, empty compliments and sexual references. This ought to do it – ‘Hey gorgeous, sorry I’m late: the opera over-ran, then I had to race to my neighbour’s to help carry her piano upstairs – the one I bought her as a moving-in present’.
– Try not to come across as too desperate. Don’t, whatever you do, admit to reading this blog post.
– If you’re a really handsome man, don’t show off your wealth too much – women might just conclude that you’re likely to be unfaithful in the future. And anyway Mr Clooney, I’m sure you don’t need these tips.
– You hunky smile magnet! Here’s a good one for heterosexual men: get friends of the opposite sex to smile at you. Women apparently find a man’s face more attractive after it’s been smiled at by a woman.
– If you’re a larger woman, keep your chosen man hungry and he’s more likely to find you attractive.
– Don’t flirt and drive! Remember gentleman, interacting with a lady can impair your cognitive faculties.
– Wear red. If nothing else, your little scarlet number will match your blushing cheeks as you smile with bashful pride at the compliment your date (hopefully) just paid you.
– Desperate situations require desperate measures. If, despite all your romantic efforts, your date remains decidedly unfrisky, you could try reminding them of death. Warning: This could backfire.
Finally, here’s a Time magazine article on flirting, just to get you in the mood.
Happy Valentine’s day for Monday! (Apologies for male, heterosexual bias.)
Image credit: Clandestini
- Hire a sports car, if you’re a man, but don’t bother if you’re a woman. Both sexes should avoid Toyotas – that’s a joke, please don’t sue, they’re lovely cars.
Husk at besøge kilden til denne historie, for at finde links til alle tipsene: Link